Sunday, January 28, 2007

Getting Warm

Today the temperature in Indianapolis was -7 degrees and in my book, that's too cold for me. In all my travels, I don't think there's a prettier state than Indiana (my opinion) for three seasons, but let me tell you, winter "sucks" (my opinion also). The dampness and the cold affect my bones. Fortunately, we leave for the south of Florida tomorrow. We've spent the last two weeks laying out clothes (my wife has), and generally speculating how much of our belongings to leave here and what we should take for down there. We rent a house down there for six weeks so it requires more than just throwing a few things in a bag and getting by. So today we had clothing, bags, and boxes layed out on the floor in the living room and I doubted that it would all go in the car, but it did with room to spare. So we're all set to leave bright and early tomorrow. I don't think we'll have too much Super Bowl traffic competition going down since the game is in Miami and our rental is on the west side of Florida in Englewood. Besides, we take four easy days getting there.

Staying in Florida for six weeks really breaks up the winter. By the time we return in mid-March, the worst of winter is over. The grass is beginning to green, bulbs are beginning to push through the earth, its time to think about garden and best of all, golf season is underway. My wife and I both enjoy watching sports on TV and unfortunately we miss several of IU and Purdue's basketball games. Once in a while there is a Pacer game and since the recent big trade, the Pacers got rid of their poor attitude deadwood and they're fun to watch again. We'll get to watch the Super Bowl down there and the way they've been playing, we'll get to watch them win it all. By the way, I want to note that in a recent Posting I said that if the defense keeps playing like they did after the game I commented on, I said they could go to the Super Bowl. Well, they did! We'll be cheering them on!!

My brother and his wife also go to Florida this same time, stay in the same area, and we get to play some golf and enjoy each other's company down there. Our middle child also comes down and stays with us three weeks and his sister stays with us for one week. Our oldest son and his wife have children and school prevents them from joining us.

I'm not sure how I'll get my laptop hooked up down there and that may prevent me from writing any post during that time, but if I get hooked up I'll try to add to my blog.

2 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Go Bears.......Have a good trip, winter sucks.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh now that is what everyone should do!!! snowbirds! yea....

give us a shout and we'll ride over and go out to dinner one night, just like old times!!!

smiles, bee