Thursday, December 21, 2006

Bringing Things Up-to-date

Last Sunday the Colts got back in the winning column. The entire team looked good the whole game and the the Colts can thank their lucky stars that they have players like Harrison and Freeney who step up when the need is there. The defense really surprised me because I was beginning to believe the "crap" the pundits were constantly preaching. The defense swarmed and if they play like that the rest of their schedule they can go to the Super Bowl and win.

The Pacers didn't do quite as well, but they have the talent and if Coach Carlisle can just keep them focused and they can keep their "stars" from getting the "big head" they may be able to do alright into the playoffs. I also enjoy watching IU play, but I just can't quite figure them out yet.

I think we've wound up our Christmas shopping. We always seem to end up spending more than we intended, but I guess that's what money is for and we're fortunate to have enough to spend.

I went to three different luncheons this week, all with military associated groups and always timed around the Christmas Holidays. The first was with my old battalion at Bloomington, Indiana. They have a dinner every year for all the retirees. It's nice because I get to see a lot of my buddies that I spent a lot of time with in the National Guard. We're all getting up in years and it seems that death gets a few of us every year. Some really fine people, especially COL Money, the oldest living former Commander and a really fine gentleman, who was there. The second luncheon was hosted by the State Armory Board and mainly consists of senior ranking military retirees and current and past members of the State Armory Board. The State Adjutant General is always the main speaker and he usually brings us up to-date on the status of the Indiana National Guard. His talk is always interesting and I would enjoy it even more if I could hear well. The third luncheon was with the MOAA (Military Officers Association of America) chapter. The entertainment at their Christmas meeting was, as usual, the choral group from North Central High School and the kids are really outstanding. The food was excellent and reasonably priced, but the membership is all elderly and just doesn't ever seem to get any younger. It's been a busy week, what with shopping, luncheons and getting the house ready for the kids to come home for Christmas. Here's wishing everyone a merry and joyous Christmas.

7 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hi there! we are still on the carnival liberty! i have been able to recieve email but not send any, so i am posting this on your blog. we will be home tomorrow and i will email you and we can do whateverr you would like to get your blog how you want it. also, funny thing, i have photos of you that i can send you as well!! great to hear from you jay. hugs to marilyn.... sarge and bee

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

Welcome aboard General
Good to see your blog, we will be in Ft Lauderdale tomorrow, will e mail after that. We will be in touch.
See you
Sarge Charlie

Sarge Charlie said...

Check out my blog for tomorrow, I am going to send you some readers, the more you get the more fun this blogging thing is.

Merry Christmas

The old Sarge

Sarge Charlie said...

Oh by the way, I linked your site on my sidebar

Rock said...

Sarge Charlie turned me on to you, General. He said he encouraged you to start blogging, and I'm glad he did. Wonderful blog. Hello to you too Empress Bee!

Coincidently, I grew up in Munster, Indiana and live there for 24 years. I went to school in Bloomington at I.U., and Terre Haute at I.S.U.

I look forward to reading your posts. I invite you to read mine too.

Rock
Truth—The No Spin Politically Incorrect Zone

Sarge Charlie said...

The best of Holiday wishes for you and Marilyn

The old sarge

Sarge Charlie said...

Merry Christmas Jay, breathlessly waiting for next post........

Charlie